Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Hopes for the Summer Term

Hopes for the Summer Term

27 Apr 2021
Written by Harriet de Bene
School News

We are delighted to welcome back a large part of the Roedean community at the start of the summer term. We have waited two years for a summer term on-site at Roedean and fingers crossed we will be able to enjoy plenty of sunshine, warmth and beautiful scenery for the next few months. Some students shared their hopes for the summer term in First Chapel, and many focused on the strength of our community, and how pleased they are to be with their friends and actually in the classroom. For a good number of girls, this is the first time they have been able to return this academic year, so there is a real air of positivity.

Below are some of their reflections:

‘After a year of hybrid learning, I think most of us have learnt to appreciate everything in person school has to offer. Coming back for our first summer term since 2019, I’m especially excited to return to all of the summer sports we’ve missed out on, hopefully alongside some warmer weather. I’m also looking really forward to catching up with friends, and as restrictions ease, hopefully getting out into Brighton more.’ Molly (Yr12)

'It's been almost a year since I last came to Roedean, during this time I’ve been learning online remotely. It has been quite tiring to just sit in front of a computer for hours, and I’ve also missed being with my friends and catching up with them about what they’ve been doing. And so, seeing my friends is something that I look forward to this upcoming term, and I’m very excited. I also look forward to physically being in classes, as it is easier to understand what is being taught.’ Lyris (Yr10)

'As the nice weather makes its way to Roedean, we finally are at the beginning of the longest awaited term. This gives us more chances to be outdoors in the sunshine, to take our masks off and see our friends’ faces while having a good time. Especially with those who have been online since Christmas and have just returned this term. I’m sure these months until the end of the year will be great.’ Isabel (Yr11)

'As a new student I am particularly looking forward to meeting new people through the various summer activities such as cricket and house competitions. I’m thrilled to be back on campus and finally participating in face to face lessons. I can’t wait to make the most of the sun with my friends!' Rula (Yr12)

Similar stories

Calling OR Artists to enter the Roedean Art Exhibition More...

March has seen us celebrate World Book Day, International Women's Day, and British Science Week, along with some outstan… More...

46 contributors represented a fantastic range of professions at our annual Careers' Fair. More...

A glorious Spring Gala Concert. More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Most read

Calling OR Artists to enter the Roedean Art Exhibition More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech