Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

news > School News > An Inspiring talk on Unlocking Multiple Forms of Wealth - Positive Mental Health Week

An Inspiring talk on Unlocking Multiple Forms of Wealth - Positive Mental Health Week

A talk on being happy - and it isn't about money.

actionforhappiness.org
actionforhappiness.org
28 Sep 2016
School News
This week, Roedean is observing Positive Mental Health Week with various talks, sporting and skills sessions, and House events. We are posting an article every day this week on the subject of positive mental health.

As you can’t all come back to school this week to hear our speakers, and because I love a good TED talk, I thought I would share this short video with you today.

Yesterday, I received a message from Action for Happiness.  I love getting emails from them as it reminds me that keeping focussed on positivity, rather than on money or ‘stuff’.  It is far better for my state of mind.
The email introduced me to Nipun Mehta.  Nipun's life is a radical experiment in generosity that has lead him to be named Unsung Hero of Compassion by our Patron the Dalai Lama and appointed to President Obama's council on poverty and inequality.

You might enjoy this inspiring TED talk he gave earlier this year - it gives a pretty good taste of just how great he is:

With thanks from TEDxPSU.

Similar stories

Front of Roedean school

Head's Weekly Review 16 09 16

News from the second week of Michalmas term More...

Students gather round children that they have been helping in Nepal
Students visit Nepal

Eleven girls and two members of staff have participated in a Global Action trip to Nepal this summer More...

OR's pause for a photo at the London lunch
OR's enjoy London lunch

On the 9th September 2016 OR's visited the Sloane Club in London for this year's London lunch. More...

Benita Refson proud to be awarded an OBE
Old Roedeanian named on the Birthday Honours List

News of an alumna who has been named on the Queen's birthday honours list for services to education. More...

Stella and Dot
Stella and Dot - Sheena Kandhari

Event management and Stella and Dot Leader - jewellery and freelance opportunities More...

Most read

Katie Cardew illustration of the School
The Roedean Shop has launched!

We are delighted to announce that the Roedean Shop has launched! More...

Head's Weekly Review 15 11 2019

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Head's Weekly Review 22 11 19

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

This website is powered by
ToucanTech