Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > An Inspiring talk on Unlocking Multiple Forms of Wealth - Positive Mental Health Week

An Inspiring talk on Unlocking Multiple Forms of Wealth - Positive Mental Health Week

A talk on being happy - and it isn't about money.
28 Sep 2016
School News
actionforhappiness.org
actionforhappiness.org
This week, Roedean is observing Positive Mental Health Week with various talks, sporting and skills sessions, and House events. We are posting an article every day this week on the subject of positive mental health.

As you can’t all come back to school this week to hear our speakers, and because I love a good TED talk, I thought I would share this short video with you today.

Yesterday, I received a message from Action for Happiness.  I love getting emails from them as it reminds me that keeping focussed on positivity, rather than on money or ‘stuff’.  It is far better for my state of mind.
The email introduced me to Nipun Mehta.  Nipun's life is a radical experiment in generosity that has lead him to be named Unsung Hero of Compassion by our Patron the Dalai Lama and appointed to President Obama's council on poverty and inequality.

You might enjoy this inspiring TED talk he gave earlier this year - it gives a pretty good taste of just how great he is:

With thanks from TEDxPSU.

Similar stories

OR's pause for a photo at the London lunch

On the 9th September 2016 OR's visited the Sloane Club in London for this year's London lunch. More...

Thirty former pupils surround Mrs Stanway in appreciation of her time at Roedean

A small summary as well as photos from Mrs Stanway's retirement dinner More...

Images from the album

The perfect music to get you into the Christmas spirit More...

Yang-May giving a talk for TEDx

Yang-May Ooi will be at Shoreham Wordfest to talk about her recently published book 'Bound feet Blues' More...

Front of Roedean school

News from the second week of Michalmas term More...

Most read

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech