Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Business Directory > Shields Edit - Andrea Shields

Shields Edit - Andrea Shields

Small edited runs of womenswear. Andrea Shields (Bradford, No. 1, 1983-88)

The concept for Shields Edit started in 2017, when I wanted to launch a label that would combine quality fabrics with print led designs which were made in England.

Unfortunately due to various circumstances it wasn’t until I moved away from London, whilst searching for the perfect pair of pyjamas, that the label finally was launched. I was looking to replace an old pair of pyjamas and wanted to find a pair that were print led, 100% cotton, a flattering cut (including pockets!) and to be made in England. I couldn’t, so this gave me the impetus to start myself and produce the first “edit.”

A lot of the inspiration came from moving to the countryside, being surrounded by nature, which is reflected in both designs “Parrot Nation” and “Straight Outta Bali”. The geometric designs “Daydream Geo” and “Substance SE-21” came after a trip to the Al Wadi Desert, influenced by the geometric designs dotted around the hotel. All the design names are a play on words, inspired by some of my favourite albums, from artists such as Sonic Youth (Daydream Geo), New Order (Substance SE-21), Public Enemy (Parrot Nation) and NWA (Straight Outta Bali).

All the designs are digitally printed onto premium Aegean ring-spun cotton, then made into a variety of robes, pyjamas, camisole tops and shorts. The emphasis is always on a feminine cut to flatter and enhance, whilst also being supremely comfortable.

We are proud to be aligned with a small English, family run, factory producing small amounts of stock, all hand made by an experienced team of seamstresses. They are then made to order to minimise waste.

As a happy by product of being manufactured in England, we have incredibly low carbon emissions, as our products don’t have to be flown thousands of miles. Our packaging is fully recyclable, using tissue paper which is printed with soy-based inks, on FSC-certified paper, 100% compostable and made from recycled materials.

For further information please contact info@shieldsedit.co.uk  visit us at www.shieldsedit.co.uk and follow our journey on Instagram @shieldsedit

Similar stories

OR friends Leona and Ify's fantastic card business has now expanded into the UK. More...

OR Emma-Kate Wyrley-Birch (Clevett, No. 3, 2001-06) shares her vision behind her new business Twenty Six Years. More...

OR Vivien Minto (Reynolds, No. 4, 1969-75) shares her passion behind her business 'Viva Soul London' - a one-stop shop f… More...

OR Mill Goble (No. 4, 1995-2001) is currently working with independent board game publisher Dissent Games, on a new game… More...

Handmade traditional soap products that turn everyday moments (like washing your hands) into something lovely. More...

Most read

The 2023 issue of the Old Roedeanians’ Magazine is now available online and for download, free of charge. More...

Amber talks to us about her life-changing decision to relocate to America, her ambition to become a professional athlete, and how House spirit was int… More...

46 contributors represented a fantastic range of professions at our annual Careers' Fair. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech