Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Pitch Perfect Appeal

Pitch Perfect Appeal

Pitch Perfect Appeal - A Letter from the Headmaster
26 Sep 2017
School News
Dear Roedeanians,

I am delighted to launch our appeal for an exciting project, which we hope to complete by the end of this academic year. Planning permission has now been granted to build a top quality, floodlit, all-weather pitch, a 5-a-side football pitch, resurface existing courts, install floodlighting to some existing courts, build a new tennis court, and improve paths and parking. This Pitch Perfect project will transform our provision for sport at Roedean.

This project is crucial for us to take sport to the next level. We must inspire girls to train and compete to the very best of their ability. A new, floodlit pitch will also allow us to remain competitive with other schools.

Our careful plans for the pitch involve deep consideration of our National Park landscape and need to deliver quality facilities. Our contractors have begun site work and can deliver the School’s first all-weather pitch and a range of other improvements to sport by the summer of 2018.

Roedean has been fortunate to benefit from the generous support of parents, ORs, Governors, staff, and friends of the School in the past. Our Theatre and the new Science wing are good examples of transformational additions that were completed with help from our wider community.

We now need our current Roedean community to pass on the baton of philanthropy to this generation of girls. Completing this project will only be possible with your generous support. I note below the link to the appeal website. The appeal brochure can be downloaded from the site and a hard copy will be mailed soon.

I hope you will want to support our Pitch Perfect appeal by sponsoring a ‘pitch plot’ of your chosen size. Your gift will be hugely appreciated by, and directly benefit, all current and future girls. It will also make a significant, positive impact on their sporting development and potential achievements.

We will deeply appreciate your gift. If you would like to discuss any aspect of the appeal, including the opportunity to name the new pitch permanently, please contact Mark Taylor, our Director of Development, on mta@roedean.co.uk or via 01273 667588.

The School Council, my colleagues and I, but above all the girls, will all be very grateful if you can help us.

With best wishes

Oliver Blond
Headmaster
www.roedean.co.uk/pitch-perfect-appeal

Similar stories

Thirty former pupils surround Mrs Stanway in appreciation of her time at Roedean

A small summary as well as photos from Mrs Stanway's retirement dinner More...

Read all about Shanta Elizabeth Sundarason's (No. 4, 1985-87) achievement. More...

OR's pause for a photo at the London lunch

On the 9th September 2016 OR's visited the Sloane Club in London for this year's London lunch. More...

OR Susanna Shelton (née Whittingham, No. 4, 1968-74) shares her memories of English teacher Miss Sturgis. More...

Some of the 40 Years On group catching up on Roedean Day

Over 100 ORs and their guests enjoyed a great Roedean Day - despite the weather! - on Saturday 24 June More...

Most read

Calling OR Artists to enter the Roedean Art Exhibition More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech