Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumnae Interviews > 10 Questions with...Kelly WK Chan

10 Questions with...Kelly WK Chan

This month we were delighted to speak to Kelly Chan, who will also be one of the speakers at our Festival Celebrating Women for International Women's Day.
13 Feb 2023
Written by Sian Ellis
Alumnae Interviews

Kelly WK Chan (No.1, 2010-16) talked to us about how she has always wanted to work in the creative industry and what her current role as Creative & Art Director entails.

What is your favourite memory of Roedean?

Art class with Ms.Stanway, House Dance Moments, Orchestra & String Quartet Practices!

What was the best piece of advice you were given while at school?

Be true to yourself.

When you were at Roedean, what did you want to be when you ‘grew up’?

I wanted to work on creative communications for luxury fashion brands.

What are you now you've grown up?

Creative & Art Director, working on creative conceptions and leading teams to execute

concepts for brands.

What does your job involve?

1) Researching brands and artist works

2) Brainstorming video/photo/space concepts for brands and publications

3) Storyboarding & work on pitches for conceptions proposals

4) Talent Scouting

5) Managing and overseeing the project

6) Networking

What have you done that you are most proud of?

To have stayed true to my passion and work on creative projects that I enjoy.

What are the three objects you would take with you to a desert island?

Water, Camera, Face cream (I have very dehydrated skin, haha!).

What books have had a significant influence on you and why?

How to Talk to Anyone by Leil Lowndes, is a book that inspired me a lot; I used to be an

introvert, and I have a fear of public speaking and networking, but after reading the book, it

gave me more inspiration on how to connect with people more at ease.

What is on your bucket list?

To travel to India!

If you had one year and unlimited funds, what would you do?

I would use the funds to do unlimited creative art projects, collaborate with different talents in

different countries, and start a community to teach, encourage, and support emerging young

talent, who are interested in the field that I am working in.

Similar stories

Emily talked to us about her dream of becoming an actress at school and how spending her time exploring the drama department's extensive costume cupboard started a love for vintage… More...

Amber talks to us about her life-changing decision to relocate to America, her ambition to become a professional athlete… More...

This month we talked to Clare about her incredible job as an author, how her first book helped people transform their li… More...

This month we caught up with Michelle Allen. She talked to us about her love for the theatre when she was at school and … More...

We spoke to Julia about her career at Boiler Room, her favourite food concoctions at Roedean, and how she always knew sh… More...

Most read

Emily talked to us about her dream of becoming an actress at school and how spending her time exploring the drama department's extensive costume cupbo… More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Catching up with friends, old and new. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech