Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Alumnae Interviews > 10 Questions with ... OR Harriet Hunt

10 Questions with ... OR Harriet Hunt

13 Jan 2021
Alumnae Interviews

As the new year unfortunately brings us another lockdown, we could not be more pleased to introduce Harriet Hunt (Miller, No. 4, 1996-2001), Founder of Duty to Care, as our first alumnae in our ’10 Questions with…’ feature. Duty to Care is an online resource for NHS workers to get instant help and support by providing sessions with CBT therapists, Psychotherapists, Mindfulness teachers, Meditation experts, Breath-work experts, Nutritional therapists, Personal trainers, Yoga teachers and Life coaches. Alongside Duty to Care, Harriet runs a successful communication consultancy business, Hunt Communications, whose clients include Ascot Racecourse, Wedding Present Company and Troy London among others.

What is your favourite memory of Roedean?
Cookery lessons, sports matches in the wind and rain and taking taxis in to Brighton to hit the shops!

What was the best piece of advice you were given whilst at School?
How to be independent, and how to be ambitious without taking life too seriously.

When you were at Roedean, what did you want to be when you ‘grew-up’?
I had no specific career goals other than to be successful and to push myself. I remember loving the career sessions we had though and feeling extremely inspired after receiving lots of good advice. We were certainly made to feel like the world was our oyster and that we could achieve anything we set our mind to.

What are you now you've 'grown up'?
A PR consultant. I set up my own boutique luxury lifestyle agency 7 years ago. We are lucky enough to service some leading luxury brands spanning fashion, interiors, hospitality and more. I also run a charity on the side which I set up last year to support NHS staff called Duty to Care.

What does your job involve?
My day to day PR role involves working with brands to maximise their exposure, reaching new audiences and delivering against their specific business objectives. My role for the charity is fundamentally about raising awareness amongst both NHS workers and donors, whilst constantly looking at ways to improve the service we offer.

What have you done that you are most proud of?
Receiving feedback from doctors, nurses and paramedics after facilitating sessions for them through Duty to Care with therapists and other wellbeing practitioners has been humbling. Many have said the sessions have quite simply carried them through the year, enabling them to be the strongest version of themselves so they could continue to care for us.

What are the three objects you would take with you to a desert island?
My husband, son and daughter?!

If not - my laptop, a nice bottle of white wine and my sunglasses!

What books have had a significant influence on you and why?
Adam Kay, This Is Going To Hurt

What is on your bucket list?
South Africa

Iceland

More of Italy

If you had one year and unlimited funds, what would you do?
Build our dream family home in the countryside.

Similar stories

Amber talks to us about her life-changing decision to relocate to America, her ambition to become a professional athlete, and how House spirit was integral to her experience at Roe… More...

This month we talked to Clare about her incredible job as an author, how her first book helped people transform their li… More...

This month we caught up with Michelle Allen. She talked to us about her love for the theatre when she was at school and … More...

We spoke to Julia about her career at Boiler Room, her favourite food concoctions at Roedean, and how she always knew sh… More...

This month we spoke to Angela about her incredible job at the International Olympic Committee, and how writing for a ten… More...

Most read

ORs are invited to participate in a survey to help support current Roedeanians More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Amber talks to us about her life-changing decision to relocate to America, her ambition to become a professional athlete, and how House spirit was int… More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech