Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > School News > Top Results for Roedean Students

Top Results for Roedean Students

Congratulations to all Roedean A Level and G.C.S.E students on their outstanding results!
17 Sep 2019
School News
We are delighted that 22.4% of all A Level grades have been awarded A*, our second best results in over a decade, and that 54.8% were at A*-A, showing a second year of improvement in the number of top grades. Roedean’s academic strength in depth is especially impressive, with 44% of students achieving at least one A* grade, 81% with at least one A* or A grade, and 8% of the cohort were awarded 3 A* grades or more.  

We are also delighted that across 1000 GCSE examinations, the majority of grades were at the highest possible Grade 8 or 9 level, with a third achieving the top 9 grade.  This represents the highest ever proportion at this level in the School’s history, with 51.3% at Grades 9-8, and 32.3% at Grade 9. Roedean is delighted that all the girls’ hard work has been worth it, and there have been some wonderful individual successes:  Gracie and Lily achieved nine Grade 9s; Genevieve, Isabelle, Shereen, and Eden all have ten GCSEs at Grade 9; and Victoria has a spectacular clean sweep of twelve Grade 9s.  She said, ‘I am still feeling shocked and a bit numb.  I am so proud of what I’ve achieved, and I can’t wait for the Sixth Form at Roedean.’

The School is equally proud of those girls who may not have achieved all A*s or Grade 9s, but have surpassed their own expectations to achieve the strong grades to provide them with a springboard to success in the future. 

The Headmaster, Oliver Blond, said, ‘I am delighted with the girls’ remarkable achievements. Through a combination of keen determination and hard work, very many girls have outstripped their target grades to achieve excellent results, and that is both brilliant and well deserved! The School is delighted and proud that all of the students’ hard work over the last two years has resulted in these excellent grades.’

Similar stories

OR's pause for a photo at the London lunch

On the 9th September 2016 OR's visited the Sloane Club in London for this year's London lunch. More...

The story of a house and its inhabitants over a hundred years – told by the house More...

Read about OR Katherine Daniels (née Rich, No. 2, 1988-95) and her experience of editing and publishing her late husband… More...

OR Saffron Amis takes on a 24-hour radio challenge to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society. More...

Most read

Calling OR Artists to enter the Roedean Art Exhibition More...

Keeping up with everything going on at Roedean. More...

Have your say

This website is powered by
ToucanTech